Join Our Community!
Like what you see? Get a FREE account and start posting, sharing, and discovering more!
Have Questions? Contact Us!
Find out the answers to your questions by contacting us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Finding a Local European Car Repair Shop
Whenever possible, it's always a great idea to support your local car repair shop with your business. There are a few characteristics of a good car shop that can help you know whether your local car repair shop is up to the job of maintaining your fine European import in peak condition:
· Always make sure that your local car repair shop hires certified service technicians specializing in your type of car or import. Car engines and their requirements are not interchangeable. British, German, and Italian cars are all made to different standards and require different settings, fluids, and parts, requiring specialists who know how to maintain each at maximum performance.
· Warranties offered for replacement parts as well as on the work done. If your local car repair shop doesn't offer warranties on their parts and work, it is best to look further afield. Though some shops will overcharge you by using only certified OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts, this is not always necessary. There are some after-market parts of high quality that will work fine for your import. It is always best to ask a certified, trustworthy foreign specialist which parts he recommends.
· Offer written estimates of all work prior to your authorization of the work. It is also a good idea to compare estimates from several shops when searching for one to do your maintenance or repairs. Many local car repair shops charge exorbitant fees to work on a European import.
· A reliable local automotive repair shop which works on European imports can also do your regular maintenance, as well as take care of any warranty repairs needed without affecting your warranty.
· Many local repair car shops also offer loaner cars and shuffle service for your convenience when your automobile is in the shop for maintenance or repairs.
Maintenance and repair costs are often a major concern when using a local car repair shop for your fine European import. The best way to avoid high costs is by comparing estimates on various services and repairs, as well as through diligent routine maintenance of your car. Engines which are not regularly tunes and maintained will degrade faster over time, leading to more serious and thus more expensive repairs.
It's also a fact that rather simple maintenance such as air filter replacement and keeping your tires in good condition will increase the efficiency of your vehicle and its gas mileage, saving your considerably in fuel costs over time. Regular routine maintenance is the most cost effective to increase your car's efficiency, its longevity, and minimize auto repair costs.
In order to maintain your fine European import in peak condition, lengthening its lifetime and maximizing its fuel efficiency, finding a reliable local car repair shop is serendipitous. Human nature being what it is, we tend to be more likely to do routine maintenance on schedule when the auto repair shop is closer, but if your local shops are not certified for your vehicle, it is better to travel further than it is to just make due.By doing a little bit of homework before a major problem breaks out, you will know just who to call and who to trust with the safety of your vehicle.